The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge returned to England Monday after a whirlwind two-week tour of North America. By most accounts, their first official trip as a married couple succeeded wildly. They were greeted enthusiastically in Canada and California. Kate's fashions enthralled critics. Above all, the newlyweds looked convincingly happy. But the excursion wasn't without its minor hiccups and supposed controversies. Here are six:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- Why 2014 may be as good as it gets for the Republican Party
- Why America needs more billionaires
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
Subscribe to the Week