The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge returned to England Monday after a whirlwind two-week tour of North America. By most accounts, their first official trip as a married couple succeeded wildly. They were greeted enthusiastically in Canada and California. Kate's fashions enthralled critics. Above all, the newlyweds looked convincingly happy. But the excursion wasn't without its minor hiccups and supposed controversies. Here are six:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
Subscribe to the Week