he Duke and Duchess of Cambridge returned to England Monday after a whirlwind two-week tour of North America. By most accounts, their first official trip as a married couple succeeded wildly. They were greeted enthusiastically in Canada and California. Kate's fashions enthralled critics. Above all, the newlyweds looked convincingly happy. But the excursion wasn't without its minor hiccups and supposed controversies. Here are six:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Attack of the invasive species
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why would a young person today be religious?
Subscribe to the Week