Tired of conventional living? Care to swap that split-level house for, say, a cave? For some homeowners, unorthodox accommodations are a way of life — be it inside one of Utah's natural red-rocks or a one-time World War II power plant. Here, a look at five of the most unusual spaces that have been transformed into home, sweet, home.
For more information regarding the availability of the homes in this slideshow, please contact the realty companies listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
Subscribe to the Week