Tired of conventional living? Care to swap that split-level house for, say, a cave? For some homeowners, unorthodox accommodations are a way of life — be it inside one of Utah's natural red-rocks or a one-time World War II power plant. Here, a look at five of the most unusual spaces that have been transformed into home, sweet, home.
For more information regarding the availability of the homes in this slideshow, please contact the realty companies listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- Why America should team up with Bashar al-Assad's regime
Subscribe to the Week