Tired of conventional living? Care to swap that split-level house for, say, a cave? For some homeowners, unorthodox accommodations are a way of life — be it inside one of Utah's natural red-rocks or a one-time World War II power plant. Here, a look at five of the most unusual spaces that have been transformed into home, sweet, home.
For more information regarding the availability of the homes in this slideshow, please contact the realty companies listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week