Tired of conventional living? Care to swap that split-level house for, say, a cave? For some homeowners, unorthodox accommodations are a way of life — be it inside one of Utah's natural red-rocks or a one-time World War II power plant. Here, a look at five of the most unusual spaces that have been transformed into home, sweet, home.
For more information regarding the availability of the homes in this slideshow, please contact the realty companies listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- The forgotten victims of the war in Ukraine
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
Subscribe to the Week