Tired of conventional living? Care to swap that split-level house for, say, a cave? For some homeowners, unorthodox accommodations are a way of life — be it inside one of Utah's natural red-rocks or a one-time World War II power plant. Here, a look at five of the most unusual spaces that have been transformed into home, sweet, home.
For more information regarding the availability of the homes in this slideshow, please contact the realty companies listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Painting the universe's portrait
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
Subscribe to the Week