Let the griping begin! The 2011 Emmy nominations were announced Thursday morning (Watch the video), inciting passionate reaction from critics and TV watchers nationwide. While there's much to celebrate (Friday Night Lights "finally" earned a Best Drama nomination! There was surprise love for Parks and Recreation, the "best comedy on TV!"), there's an equal amount of disappointment regarding the deserving shows and actors that were overlooked. Here, nine of the biggest Emmy snubs:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- The dumb war in Syria will haunt Democrats' 2014 prospects
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
Subscribe to the Week