Let the griping begin! The 2011 Emmy nominations were announced Thursday morning (Watch the video), inciting passionate reaction from critics and TV watchers nationwide. While there's much to celebrate (Friday Night Lights "finally" earned a Best Drama nomination! There was surprise love for Parks and Recreation, the "best comedy on TV!"), there's an equal amount of disappointment regarding the deserving shows and actors that were overlooked. Here, nine of the biggest Emmy snubs:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
Subscribe to the Week