Let the griping begin! The 2011 Emmy nominations were announced Thursday morning (Watch the video), inciting passionate reaction from critics and TV watchers nationwide. While there's much to celebrate (Friday Night Lights "finally" earned a Best Drama nomination! There was surprise love for Parks and Recreation, the "best comedy on TV!"), there's an equal amount of disappointment regarding the deserving shows and actors that were overlooked. Here, nine of the biggest Emmy snubs:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week