Weekend talking points: 7 top stories - July 15, 2011
What happened this week? Obama couldn't seal a debt deal. Rupert Murdoch drowned in bad ink. And America caught soccer fever
U.S. President Barack Obama speaks during a town hall meeting at the North Virginia Community College April 19, 2011 in Annandale, Virginia. Obama discussed his vision for bringing down the deficit at the town hall meeting. Alex Wong/CORBIS
lick inside for a rundown of the biggest news events — and reactions to them — that transpired over the last seven days.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
5 surprising facts about left-handed people
Subscribe to the Week