Weekend talking points: 7 top stories - July 15, 2011
What happened this week? Obama couldn't seal a debt deal. Rupert Murdoch drowned in bad ink. And America caught soccer fever
U.S. President Barack Obama speaks during a town hall meeting at the North Virginia Community College April 19, 2011 in Annandale, Virginia. Obama discussed his vision for bringing down the deficit at the town hall meeting. Alex Wong/CORBIS
Click inside for a rundown of the biggest news events — and reactions to them — that transpired over the last seven days.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Pope Francis' American problem
Subscribe to the Week