ans were devastated by this weekend's news that British soul diva Amy Winehouse was found dead in her London apartment at age 27. Winehouse's premature death perpetuates the myth of the "27 Curse," which has afflicted up to 34 or 46 other musicans who died at that age, depending on how far back into rock history you go. While experts say the "27 Curse" (also known as the "27 Club") is just a coincidence that helps people make sense of tragedy, the phenomenon continues to fascinate. Here's a look at some of the Club's most culturally influential members.
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- The Black Death is back
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Millennial women have seriously narrowed the wage gap with men
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week