America may have a short history compared to European and Asian nations that are centuries older, but the U.S. has still been scarred by plenty of battles on its home turf — like the Revolutionary War and the Civil War. Through the many conflicts and passing centuries, however, these seven homes — from West Virginia to Maine — have survived, and are now flourishing with modern amenities, landscaping, and decor. Here, a look at the best of American wartime history as featured in today's real estate market.
For more information regarding the availability of the homes in this slideshow, please contact the realty companies listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- How to stop Black Thursday — and still score that big screen
Subscribe to the Week