America may have a short history compared to European and Asian nations that are centuries older, but the U.S. has still been scarred by plenty of battles on its home turf — like the Revolutionary War and the Civil War. Through the many conflicts and passing centuries, however, these seven homes — from West Virginia to Maine — have survived, and are now flourishing with modern amenities, landscaping, and decor. Here, a look at the best of American wartime history as featured in today's real estate market.
For more information regarding the availability of the homes in this slideshow, please contact the realty companies listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Rise of the machines
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- It's time to kill school picture day
- Uncle Sam wants you to stay away from these countries
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week