America may have a short history compared to European and Asian nations that are centuries older, but the U.S. has still been scarred by plenty of battles on its home turf — like the Revolutionary War and the Civil War. Through the many conflicts and passing centuries, however, these seven homes — from West Virginia to Maine — have survived, and are now flourishing with modern amenities, landscaping, and decor. Here, a look at the best of American wartime history as featured in today's real estate market.
For more information regarding the availability of the homes in this slideshow, please contact the realty companies listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 11 facts yü should know about the umlaut
Subscribe to the Week