America may have a short history compared to European and Asian nations that are centuries older, but the U.S. has still been scarred by plenty of battles on its home turf — like the Revolutionary War and the Civil War. Through the many conflicts and passing centuries, however, these seven homes — from West Virginia to Maine — have survived, and are now flourishing with modern amenities, landscaping, and decor. Here, a look at the best of American wartime history as featured in today's real estate market.
For more information regarding the availability of the homes in this slideshow, please contact the realty companies listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
Subscribe to the Week