merica may have a short history compared to European and Asian nations that are centuries older, but the U.S. has still been scarred by plenty of battles on its home turf — like the Revolutionary War and the Civil War. Through the many conflicts and passing centuries, however, these seven homes — from West Virginia to Maine — have survived, and are now flourishing with modern amenities, landscaping, and decor. Here, a look at the best of American wartime history as featured in today's real estate market.
For more information regarding the availability of the homes in this slideshow, please contact the realty companies listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
Subscribe to the Week