Weekend talking points: 7 top stories - August 5, 2011
What happened this week? Congress clawed its way to a debt deal. The stock markets tanked. And Hosni Mubarak's trial got off to a wild start
Click inside for a rundown of the biggest news events — and reactions to them — that transpired over the last seven days.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- The next pandemic
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Why baseball is America's most dangerous spectator sport
Subscribe to the Week