The week in photos - August 5, 2011
In some of the most startling images from the last five days, Muslims prayed as Ramadan began, Hungarians practiced horse dancing, and Kenyans grappled with famine
A student reads the Koran in Indonesia before morning prayer on the holy month of Ramadan. REUTERS/Beawiharta
lick inside for a selection of the best images to come out of the week's world news.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
Subscribe to the Week