The week in photos - August 5, 2011
In some of the most startling images from the last five days, Muslims prayed as Ramadan began, Hungarians practiced horse dancing, and Kenyans grappled with famine
A student reads the Koran in Indonesia before morning prayer on the holy month of Ramadan. REUTERS/Beawiharta
Click inside for a selection of the best images to come out of the week's world news.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Rise of the machines
Subscribe to the Week