The week in photos - August 5, 2011
In some of the most startling images from the last five days, Muslims prayed as Ramadan began, Hungarians practiced horse dancing, and Kenyans grappled with famine
A student reads the Koran in Indonesia before morning prayer on the holy month of Ramadan. REUTERS/Beawiharta
lick inside for a selection of the best images to come out of the week's world news.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
Subscribe to the Week