The week's best international photos - August 12, 2011
In some of the week's most extraordinary images, Spaniards escape the summer heat, Londoners assess riot damage, and Indians wade through flood waters
A man jumps into the Guadalquivir River in Seville, Spain, on Tuesday, during a heat wave that pushed temperatures between 100 and 111 degrees. Click inside for a selection of the best images to come out of the week's world news.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why baseball is America's most dangerous spectator sport
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- The dangers of our passionless American life
Subscribe to the Week