The week's best international photos - August 12, 2011
In some of the week's most extraordinary images, Spaniards escape the summer heat, Londoners assess riot damage, and Indians wade through flood waters
man jumps into the Guadalquivir River in Seville, Spain, on Tuesday, during a heat wave that pushed temperatures between 100 and 111 degrees. Click inside for a selection of the best images to come out of the week's world news.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- How Community's Dean Pelton broke new ground for sexual politics on television
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
Subscribe to the Week