The week's best international photos - August 12, 2011
In some of the week's most extraordinary images, Spaniards escape the summer heat, Londoners assess riot damage, and Indians wade through flood waters
A man jumps into the Guadalquivir River in Seville, Spain, on Tuesday, during a heat wave that pushed temperatures between 100 and 111 degrees. Click inside for a selection of the best images to come out of the week's world news.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week