Despite criticism from the Right and ongoing economic strife, President Obama and his family settled into their 10-day vacation in Martha's Vineyard this weekend. But, of course, the POTUS can never truly clock out. While Obama enjoyed a round of golf Sunday, rebel fighters were wresting control of Libya's capital city and, by day's end, Obama was back at work issuing a statement. Here, a look back at how other presidents have tried to carve out a little time for themselves.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- These real-life Rosie the Riveters changed the face of labor
Subscribe to the Week