Despite criticism from the Right and ongoing economic strife, President Obama and his family settled into their 10-day vacation in Martha's Vineyard this weekend. But, of course, the POTUS can never truly clock out. While Obama enjoyed a round of golf Sunday, rebel fighters were wresting control of Libya's capital city and, by day's end, Obama was back at work issuing a statement. Here, a look back at how other presidents have tried to carve out a little time for themselves.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- The fascinating political evolution of Paul Ryan
- 10 things you need to know today: August 21, 2014
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
Subscribe to the Week