Despite criticism from the Right and ongoing economic strife, President Obama and his family settled into their 10-day vacation in Martha's Vineyard this weekend. But, of course, the POTUS can never truly clock out. While Obama enjoyed a round of golf Sunday, rebel fighters were wresting control of Libya's capital city and, by day's end, Obama was back at work issuing a statement. Here, a look back at how other presidents have tried to carve out a little time for themselves.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- The impossible promise at the heart of Scotland's campaign for independence
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
Subscribe to the Week