Despite criticism from the Right and ongoing economic strife, President Obama and his family settled into their 10-day vacation in Martha's Vineyard this weekend. But, of course, the POTUS can never truly clock out. While Obama enjoyed a round of golf Sunday, rebel fighters were wresting control of Libya's capital city and, by day's end, Obama was back at work issuing a statement. Here, a look back at how other presidents have tried to carve out a little time for themselves.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
Subscribe to the Week