Despite criticism from the Right and ongoing economic strife, President Obama and his family settled into their 10-day vacation in Martha's Vineyard this weekend. But, of course, the POTUS can never truly clock out. While Obama enjoyed a round of golf Sunday, rebel fighters were wresting control of Libya's capital city and, by day's end, Obama was back at work issuing a statement. Here, a look back at how other presidents have tried to carve out a little time for themselves.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
Subscribe to the Week