espite criticism from the Right and ongoing economic strife, President Obama and his family settled into their 10-day vacation in Martha's Vineyard this weekend. But, of course, the POTUS can never truly clock out. While Obama enjoyed a round of golf Sunday, rebel fighters were wresting control of Libya's capital city and, by day's end, Obama was back at work issuing a statement. Here, a look back at how other presidents have tried to carve out a little time for themselves.
- The indignity of canine bath time
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- Is it possible to live forever?
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: A tribute in photos and prose
- No, Obama doesn't have to fire everybody in the White House
- How to make the perfect hot chocolate
- Why income inequality has become the Democratic Party's top issue
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- How America's unions can reinvent themselves in the new economy
Subscribe to the Week