Stephen Baldwin is Hollywood's latest real-life hero. On Aug. 12, the 46-year-old was hanging out in a New York City bar when a girl collapsed and started convulsing. The actor, who grew up with an epileptic family member, realized she was having a seizure and ran to her side, where he held her hand and prayed until help arrived — joining the ranks of Jennifer Lawrence, Ryan Gosling, and other famous interveners:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
Subscribe to the Week