tephen Baldwin is Hollywood's latest real-life hero. On Aug. 12, the 46-year-old was hanging out in a New York City bar when a girl collapsed and started convulsing. The actor, who grew up with an epileptic family member, realized she was having a seizure and ran to her side, where he held her hand and prayed until help arrived — joining the ranks of Jennifer Lawrence, Ryan Gosling, and other famous interveners:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Why states should stop limiting the alcohol content in your beer
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- 10 things you need to know today: March 8, 2014
Subscribe to the Week