tephen Baldwin is Hollywood's latest real-life hero. On Aug. 12, the 46-year-old was hanging out in a New York City bar when a girl collapsed and started convulsing. The actor, who grew up with an epileptic family member, realized she was having a seizure and ran to her side, where he held her hand and prayed until help arrived — joining the ranks of Jennifer Lawrence, Ryan Gosling, and other famous interveners:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Pics or it didn't happen: Millennials are a bunch of selfie-loving skeptics
Subscribe to the Week