Stephen Baldwin is Hollywood's latest real-life hero. On Aug. 12, the 46-year-old was hanging out in a New York City bar when a girl collapsed and started convulsing. The actor, who grew up with an epileptic family member, realized she was having a seizure and ran to her side, where he held her hand and prayed until help arrived — joining the ranks of Jennifer Lawrence, Ryan Gosling, and other famous interveners:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
- Today in history: Lincoln reveals the real goal of the Civil War
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
Subscribe to the Week