tephen Baldwin is Hollywood's latest real-life hero. On Aug. 12, the 46-year-old was hanging out in a New York City bar when a girl collapsed and started convulsing. The actor, who grew up with an epileptic family member, realized she was having a seizure and ran to her side, where he held her hand and prayed until help arrived — joining the ranks of Jennifer Lawrence, Ryan Gosling, and other famous interveners:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 10 things you need to know today: April 16, 2014
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Can these 4 couples really afford their dream houses?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
Subscribe to the Week