fter his Tony Award-winning success on Broadway and his song-and-dance take on hosting the Oscars, the news that Hugh Jackman would lead a film adaptation of the beloved musical Les Miserables was warmly received earlier this summer. The Wolverine actor will play Jean Valjean, a French prisoner released after 19 years and determined to prove that the once-corrupt can become virtuous. Tom Hooper, the Oscar-winning director of The King's Speech is on board to direct. With shooting set to begin in February, the rest of the sure-to-be-starry cast is being filled out. Here's what the press is saying about the actors being considered for major roles:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Driverless cars may be an environmental disaster
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- 4 easy ways to resolve life's toughest questions
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
Subscribe to the Week