hroughout the post-9/11 decade, photographers have beautifully framed our grief by turning emotive, private moments — and overt displays of public remembrance — into opportunities for collective catharsis. Here, a look at some of the most moving photos.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Attack of the invasive species
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
Subscribe to the Week