Maybe it's not whether you win or lose... it's how good you look playing the game. In the mid-90s, the University of Oregon started a trend when it cut a deal with Nike for flashy new uniforms. Increasingly, teams across the country (including Maryland, pictured) are taking a page from Oregon's playbook with eye-popping, avant garde uniforms — and partnerships with Nike and Under Armour. Here, seven new looks on the field this season.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 8 ways a simple notebook can change your life
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
Subscribe to the Week