aybe it's not whether you win or lose... it's how good you look playing the game. In the mid-90s, the University of Oregon started a trend when it cut a deal with Nike for flashy new uniforms. Increasingly, teams across the country (including Maryland, pictured) are taking a page from Oregon's playbook with eye-popping, avant garde uniforms — and partnerships with Nike and Under Armour. Here, seven new looks on the field this season.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Attack of the invasive species
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- What The Americans gets wrong about Russian spies
Subscribe to the Week