Maybe it's not whether you win or lose... it's how good you look playing the game. In the mid-90s, the University of Oregon started a trend when it cut a deal with Nike for flashy new uniforms. Increasingly, teams across the country (including Maryland, pictured) are taking a page from Oregon's playbook with eye-popping, avant garde uniforms — and partnerships with Nike and Under Armour. Here, seven new looks on the field this season.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- A brief history of the Guy Fawkes mask
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why we gossip, according to science
Subscribe to the Week