Maybe it's not whether you win or lose... it's how good you look playing the game. In the mid-90s, the University of Oregon started a trend when it cut a deal with Nike for flashy new uniforms. Increasingly, teams across the country (including Maryland, pictured) are taking a page from Oregon's playbook with eye-popping, avant garde uniforms — and partnerships with Nike and Under Armour. Here, seven new looks on the field this season.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
Subscribe to the Week