After a summer of hype, The Playboy Club finally premiered Monday night on NBC. Judging by reaction to the pilot (one critic called it "dismal"), the drama about the birth of the famous gentleman's club is an early frontrunner for fall's worst new show. From lame men-are-from-Mars sitcoms (welcome back to TV, Tim Allen?) to an offensively unfunny new "comedy" from Whitney Cummings, here are a few of the other contenders:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 5 tricks to making a mind-blowing burger
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- What if The Purge was real?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- WATCH: Australia's army chief demonstrates how you address sex abuse
Subscribe to the Week