fter a summer of hype, The Playboy Club finally premiered Monday night on NBC. Judging by reaction to the pilot (one critic called it "dismal"), the drama about the birth of the famous gentleman's club is an early frontrunner for fall's worst new show. From lame men-are-from-Mars sitcoms (welcome back to TV, Tim Allen?) to an offensively unfunny new "comedy" from Whitney Cummings, here are a few of the other contenders:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Attack of the invasive species
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Captain America won over China
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
Subscribe to the Week