After a summer of hype, The Playboy Club finally premiered Monday night on NBC. Judging by reaction to the pilot (one critic called it "dismal"), the drama about the birth of the famous gentleman's club is an early frontrunner for fall's worst new show. From lame men-are-from-Mars sitcoms (welcome back to TV, Tim Allen?) to an offensively unfunny new "comedy" from Whitney Cummings, here are a few of the other contenders:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
Subscribe to the Week