After a summer of hype, The Playboy Club finally premiered Monday night on NBC. Judging by reaction to the pilot (one critic called it "dismal"), the drama about the birth of the famous gentleman's club is an early frontrunner for fall's worst new show. From lame men-are-from-Mars sitcoms (welcome back to TV, Tim Allen?) to an offensively unfunny new "comedy" from Whitney Cummings, here are a few of the other contenders:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
Subscribe to the Week