An estimated 2-to-3 million people per year visit the well-trodden footpath of the Appalachian Trail that runs from Georgia to Maine, but considerably fewer can call it home. These six adjacent properties — including minimalist mansions and quaint log cabins — are as varied as the scenic views along the path itself.
For more information regarding the availability of the homes in this slideshow, please contact the reality companies listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
Subscribe to the Week