An estimated 2-to-3 million people per year visit the well-trodden footpath of the Appalachian Trail that runs from Georgia to Maine, but considerably fewer can call it home. These six adjacent properties — including minimalist mansions and quaint log cabins — are as varied as the scenic views along the path itself.
For more information regarding the availability of the homes in this slideshow, please contact the reality companies listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 5 tricks to making a mind-blowing burger
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- What if The Purge was real?
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
Subscribe to the Week