An estimated 2-to-3 million people per year visit the well-trodden footpath of the Appalachian Trail that runs from Georgia to Maine, but considerably fewer can call it home. These six adjacent properties — including minimalist mansions and quaint log cabins — are as varied as the scenic views along the path itself.
For more information regarding the availability of the homes in this slideshow, please contact the reality companies listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The crusade against Iraq War supporters has forgotten someone: Hillary Clinton
- This week I learned the moon might be littered with dinosaur fossils, and more
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
Subscribe to the Week