An estimated 2-to-3 million people per year visit the well-trodden footpath of the Appalachian Trail that runs from Georgia to Maine, but considerably fewer can call it home. These six adjacent properties — including minimalist mansions and quaint log cabins — are as varied as the scenic views along the path itself.
For more information regarding the availability of the homes in this slideshow, please contact the reality companies listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Time Warner Cable is raising your monthly rate again
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Why is the 'mor' in 'Voldemort' so evil-sounding?
- True Detective's dangerous lies about satanic ritual abuse
- 2 proven ways to increase your willpower — courtesy of the Cookie Monster
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week