An estimated 2-to-3 million people per year visit the well-trodden footpath of the Appalachian Trail that runs from Georgia to Maine, but considerably fewer can call it home. These six adjacent properties — including minimalist mansions and quaint log cabins — are as varied as the scenic views along the path itself.
For more information regarding the availability of the homes in this slideshow, please contact the reality companies listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
- The real story behind The Conjuring and four other horror movies 'based on a true story'
Subscribe to the Week