An estimated 2-to-3 million people per year visit the well-trodden footpath of the Appalachian Trail that runs from Georgia to Maine, but considerably fewer can call it home. These six adjacent properties — including minimalist mansions and quaint log cabins — are as varied as the scenic views along the path itself.
For more information regarding the availability of the homes in this slideshow, please contact the reality companies listed.
- The indignity of canine bath time
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- No, Obama doesn't have to fire everybody in the White House
- Is it possible to live forever?
- How to make the perfect hot chocolate
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- How America's unions can reinvent themselves in the new economy
- 7 sentences that sound crazy but are still grammatical
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: A tribute in photos and prose
Subscribe to the Week