It wasn't a good week for struggling GOP presidential frontrunner Rick Perry. Still reeling from a disastrous debate performance in Orlando, the Texan was handed a stunning defeat by former pizza magnate Herman Cain in a critical Florida straw poll. Many pundits believe the race is now the slow-and-steady Mitt Romney's to lose — and several Republicans are urging the party to embrace the former Massachusetts governor.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The best books we read in 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week