It wasn't a good week for struggling GOP presidential frontrunner Rick Perry. Still reeling from a disastrous debate performance in Orlando, the Texan was handed a stunning defeat by former pizza magnate Herman Cain in a critical Florida straw poll. Many pundits believe the race is now the slow-and-steady Mitt Romney's to lose — and several Republicans are urging the party to embrace the former Massachusetts governor.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- As deadly skin cancer rates keep climbing, surgeon general says to stop tanning and wear sunscreen
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
Subscribe to the Week