It wasn't a good week for struggling GOP presidential frontrunner Rick Perry. Still reeling from a disastrous debate performance in Orlando, the Texan was handed a stunning defeat by former pizza magnate Herman Cain in a critical Florida straw poll. Many pundits believe the race is now the slow-and-steady Mitt Romney's to lose — and several Republicans are urging the party to embrace the former Massachusetts governor.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- How Ferguson made conservatives lose faith in the police
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How the West produces jihadi tourists
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- Girls on Film: 5 things that need to happen before Hollywood will ever truly change
Subscribe to the Week