It wasn't a good week for struggling GOP presidential frontrunner Rick Perry. Still reeling from a disastrous debate performance in Orlando, the Texan was handed a stunning defeat by former pizza magnate Herman Cain in a critical Florida straw poll. Many pundits believe the race is now the slow-and-steady Mitt Romney's to lose — and several Republicans are urging the party to embrace the former Massachusetts governor.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- The week's best photojournalism
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week