he West and East coasts are not the country's only stunning shorelines. The Great Lakes constitute what's often referred to as the country's "Third Coast." Together, the lakes form a single, naturally interconnected body of freshwater — the largest, by surface area, on Earth. Here a look at four superior houses situated across these magnificent lakes. For more information regarding the availability of the homes in this slideshow, please contact the realty companies listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why we need a maximum wage
Subscribe to the Week