The West and East coasts are not the country's only stunning shorelines. The Great Lakes constitute what's often referred to as the country's "Third Coast." Together, the lakes form a single, naturally interconnected body of freshwater — the largest, by surface area, on Earth. Here a look at four superior houses situated across these magnificent lakes. For more information regarding the availability of the homes in this slideshow, please contact the realty companies listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- The week's best photojournalism
Subscribe to the Week