he West and East coasts are not the country's only stunning shorelines. The Great Lakes constitute what's often referred to as the country's "Third Coast." Together, the lakes form a single, naturally interconnected body of freshwater — the largest, by surface area, on Earth. Here a look at four superior houses situated across these magnificent lakes. For more information regarding the availability of the homes in this slideshow, please contact the realty companies listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
Subscribe to the Week