The West and East coasts are not the country's only stunning shorelines. The Great Lakes constitute what's often referred to as the country's "Third Coast." Together, the lakes form a single, naturally interconnected body of freshwater — the largest, by surface area, on Earth. Here a look at four superior houses situated across these magnificent lakes. For more information regarding the availability of the homes in this slideshow, please contact the realty companies listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Gamergate might be gaming sexism's Waterloo
- Keira Knightley on Laggies, relationships, and surviving your 20s
- This week I learned the surprisingly dark origins of the Nobel Prize, and more
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week