Last week, Microsoft announced it would be no longer be producing its Zune mp3 player. While rumors are already circulating that the failed iPod competitor might be resurrected, most greeted the announcement philosophically, with the collective sigh that typically accompanies the passing of a gadget that never really caught on. Here, six other tech toys no one really misses:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 10 things you need to know today: August 1, 2014
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to make classic pulled pork
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- The main lesson of Argentina's debt nightmare
Subscribe to the Week