ast week, Microsoft announced it would be no longer be producing its Zune mp3 player. While rumors are already circulating that the failed iPod competitor might be resurrected, most greeted the announcement philosophically, with the collective sigh that typically accompanies the passing of a gadget that never really caught on. Here, six other tech toys no one really misses:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Why states should stop limiting the alcohol content in your beer
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week