Last week, Microsoft announced it would be no longer be producing its Zune mp3 player. While rumors are already circulating that the failed iPod competitor might be resurrected, most greeted the announcement philosophically, with the collective sigh that typically accompanies the passing of a gadget that never really caught on. Here, six other tech toys no one really misses:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
Subscribe to the Week