Last week, Microsoft announced it would be no longer be producing its Zune mp3 player. While rumors are already circulating that the failed iPod competitor might be resurrected, most greeted the announcement philosophically, with the collective sigh that typically accompanies the passing of a gadget that never really caught on. Here, six other tech toys no one really misses:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Why America needs more billionaires
Subscribe to the Week