he visionary Apple co-founder who rose from humble California beginnings to reinvent several industries died at his home Wednesday, surrounded by his family. Steve Jobs leaves a legacy of blockbuster products — from famously user-friendly laptops to sleek tablets — and forever changed the way we use computers, listen to music, watch movies, and talk on the phone. Here, a look at the inestimable innovator's life:
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The Black Death is back
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
Subscribe to the Week