Even though their homes have been severely damaged or destroyed by a typhoon, residents of a Philippines fishing village take time to play at a beach Wednesday. After a week of high flood waters, people living north of Manilla are finally seeing the water recede. Click through for more of the week's most riveting images from around the globe.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to live a long life, according to science
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week