Even though their homes have been severely damaged or destroyed by a typhoon, residents of a Philippines fishing village take time to play at a beach Wednesday. After a week of high flood waters, people living north of Manilla are finally seeing the water recede. Click through for more of the week's most riveting images from around the globe.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
Subscribe to the Week