The Occupy Wall Street protest that began with about 1,000 people in lower Manhattan has grown to include dozens of cities, from Washington, D.C., to Los Angeles. While critics have panned the movement as amorphous, misguided, and even downright "idiotic," the protesters' individual enthusiasm, often expressed with signs, remains "awesome." Click through for a sampling of their placards.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- How to make corn dogs
Subscribe to the Week