The Occupy Wall Street protest that began with about 1,000 people in lower Manhattan has grown to include dozens of cities, from Washington, D.C., to Los Angeles. While critics have panned the movement as amorphous, misguided, and even downright "idiotic," the protesters' individual enthusiasm, often expressed with signs, remains "awesome." Click through for a sampling of their placards.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- How Scott Brown is executing the perfect GOP Senate campaign
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
Subscribe to the Week