The Occupy Wall Street protest that began with about 1,000 people in lower Manhattan has grown to include dozens of cities, from Washington, D.C., to Los Angeles. While critics have panned the movement as amorphous, misguided, and even downright "idiotic," the protesters' individual enthusiasm, often expressed with signs, remains "awesome." Click through for a sampling of their placards.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- 10 things you need to know today: July 22, 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 29 adorable slang terms for sex (from the last 600 years)
- Why America is duty-bound to help Iraqi Christians
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week