The Occupy Wall Street protest that began with about 1,000 people in lower Manhattan has grown to include dozens of cities, from Washington, D.C., to Los Angeles. While critics have panned the movement as amorphous, misguided, and even downright "idiotic," the protesters' individual enthusiasm, often expressed with signs, remains "awesome." Click through for a sampling of their placards.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The real-life events that inspired Game of Thrones' Red Wedding
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week