The Occupy Wall Street protest that began with about 1,000 people in lower Manhattan has grown to include dozens of cities, from Washington, D.C., to Los Angeles. While critics have panned the movement as amorphous, misguided, and even downright "idiotic," the protesters' individual enthusiasm, often expressed with signs, remains "awesome." Click through for a sampling of their placards.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 10 famous people born on December 25
Subscribe to the Week