In the 1983 hit film Risky Business, a mischievous Tom Cruise takes his father's Porsche out for quite a few joyrides. Now, one of the three 1979 sports cars used in the film is going up for auction, and it is expected to net up to $60,000. It's not the first time cinephiles have been able to drive off with a piece of movie history. Here, a look at other famous pop-culture vehicles and what they sold for:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 10 things you need to know today: November 27, 2014
- How to stop Black Thursday — and still score that big screen
Subscribe to the Week