n the 1983 hit film Risky Business, a mischievous Tom Cruise takes his father's Porsche out for quite a few joyrides. Now, one of the three 1979 sports cars used in the film is going up for auction, and it is expected to net up to $60,000. It's not the first time cinephiles have been able to drive off with a piece of movie history. Here, a look at other famous pop-culture vehicles and what they sold for:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- How Captain America won over China
Subscribe to the Week