In the 1983 hit film Risky Business, a mischievous Tom Cruise takes his father's Porsche out for quite a few joyrides. Now, one of the three 1979 sports cars used in the film is going up for auction, and it is expected to net up to $60,000. It's not the first time cinephiles have been able to drive off with a piece of movie history. Here, a look at other famous pop-culture vehicles and what they sold for:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- 10 things you need to know today: September 23, 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
Subscribe to the Week