n the 1983 hit film Risky Business, a mischievous Tom Cruise takes his father's Porsche out for quite a few joyrides. Now, one of the three 1979 sports cars used in the film is going up for auction, and it is expected to net up to $60,000. It's not the first time cinephiles have been able to drive off with a piece of movie history. Here, a look at other famous pop-culture vehicles and what they sold for:
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- Ryan Seacrest invested $1 million to transform your iPhone into a BlackBerry
- How Vanessa became Jacob
- Is Biden helping or hurting U.S. interests in Asia?
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
- 'Tis the season for having sex with old flames and ruining your office reputation
Did God have a wife?
Subscribe to the Week