In the 1983 hit film Risky Business, a mischievous Tom Cruise takes his father's Porsche out for quite a few joyrides. Now, one of the three 1979 sports cars used in the film is going up for auction, and it is expected to net up to $60,000. It's not the first time cinephiles have been able to drive off with a piece of movie history. Here, a look at other famous pop-culture vehicles and what they sold for:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week