Occupy Wall Street protesters capped a busy week with a showdown against New York City police, ending in more than a dozen arrests. For whatever reason — the catchy signs, the fears of violence, the rumors that demonstrators were being paid — the movement captured headlines all week as the protests spread to other cities. Conservatives lampooned the movement. Could it be that O.W.S. is starting to make the super-rich nervous? Click through for more highlights from the week past...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The week's best photojournalism
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
Subscribe to the Week