ccupy Wall Street protesters capped a busy week with a showdown against New York City police, ending in more than a dozen arrests. For whatever reason — the catchy signs, the fears of violence, the rumors that demonstrators were being paid — the movement captured headlines all week as the protests spread to other cities. Conservatives lampooned the movement. Could it be that O.W.S. is starting to make the super-rich nervous? Click through for more highlights from the week past...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- Why we need a maximum wage
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
Subscribe to the Week