ccupy Wall Street protesters capped a busy week with a showdown against New York City police, ending in more than a dozen arrests. For whatever reason — the catchy signs, the fears of violence, the rumors that demonstrators were being paid — the movement captured headlines all week as the protests spread to other cities. Conservatives lampooned the movement. Could it be that O.W.S. is starting to make the super-rich nervous? Click through for more highlights from the week past...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Here are the people who want to take a one way trip to Mars
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
Subscribe to the Week