Occupy Wall Street protesters capped a busy week with a showdown against New York City police, ending in more than a dozen arrests. For whatever reason — the catchy signs, the fears of violence, the rumors that demonstrators were being paid — the movement captured headlines all week as the protests spread to other cities. Conservatives lampooned the movement. Could it be that O.W.S. is starting to make the super-rich nervous? Click through for more highlights from the week past...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
Subscribe to the Week