A week after being accused of plagiarism for her music video "Countdown," Beyonce is once again being criticized for copycatting. This time, critics say the video for her single "Love on Top" is too similar to the clip for "If It Isn't Love" by '90s R&B group New Edition. Both videos feature a group dancing behind mic stands in a warehouse, placing New Edition in the company of a long list of artists from whom Beyonce has drawn uncanny inspiration.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: September 21, 2014
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- California's epic drought
- The week's best editorial cartoons
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week