A week after being accused of plagiarism for her music video "Countdown," Beyonce is once again being criticized for copycatting. This time, critics say the video for her single "Love on Top" is too similar to the clip for "If It Isn't Love" by '90s R&B group New Edition. Both videos feature a group dancing behind mic stands in a warehouse, placing New Edition in the company of a long list of artists from whom Beyonce has drawn uncanny inspiration.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week