A week after being accused of plagiarism for her music video "Countdown," Beyonce is once again being criticized for copycatting. This time, critics say the video for her single "Love on Top" is too similar to the clip for "If It Isn't Love" by '90s R&B group New Edition. Both videos feature a group dancing behind mic stands in a warehouse, placing New Edition in the company of a long list of artists from whom Beyonce has drawn uncanny inspiration.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 5 tricks to making a mind-blowing burger
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- What if The Purge was real?
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
Subscribe to the Week