week after being accused of plagiarism for her music video "Countdown," Beyonce is once again being criticized for copycatting. This time, critics say the video for her single "Love on Top" is too similar to the clip for "If It Isn't Love" by '90s R&B group New Edition. Both videos feature a group dancing behind mic stands in a warehouse, placing New Edition in the company of a long list of artists from whom Beyonce has drawn uncanny inspiration.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
Subscribe to the Week