A week after being accused of plagiarism for her music video "Countdown," Beyonce is once again being criticized for copycatting. This time, critics say the video for her single "Love on Top" is too similar to the clip for "If It Isn't Love" by '90s R&B group New Edition. Both videos feature a group dancing behind mic stands in a warehouse, placing New Edition in the company of a long list of artists from whom Beyonce has drawn uncanny inspiration.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- 6 things the most productive people do every day
Subscribe to the Week