The week's best photojournalism - October 21, 2011
In some of the week's most compelling images, an Afghan balloon seller displays his wares, rhythmic gymnasts compete, and protesters get violent in Rome
An Afghan balloon seller offers a splash of color against the otherwise neutral landscape of his village in Kabul. Click through for a look at the week's most stunning images from around the globe.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 10 things you need to know today: August 28, 2014
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- When it comes to ISIS, our Congress is full of cowards
- What Ann Coulter and atheist Richard Dawkins have in common
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week