elebrations erupted across Libya Thursday, when former leader Moammar Gadhafi was killed following a NATO airstrike. Gadhafi was reportedly trying to flee as rebel fighters overran his last loyal troops in Sirte, Gadhafi's hometown. Does this vindicate President Obama's decision to spearhead the air war? Or will he be judged on what happens next? Click through for more highlights from the week...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Attack of the invasive species
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Captain America won over China
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week