For most North-easterners, the shoreline is merely a summer destination crammed with bathers trying to grab a bit of beach. But for lucky waterfront homeowners, the Atlantic Ocean is an all-season backdrop: Mysterious and moody in the winter, shimmering and welcoming in July. Here's a look at some of the best homes along Rhode Island and the Long Island Sound. For more info on these properties, please contact the realtor listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
Subscribe to the Week