For most North-easterners, the shoreline is merely a summer destination crammed with bathers trying to grab a bit of beach. But for lucky waterfront homeowners, the Atlantic Ocean is an all-season backdrop: Mysterious and moody in the winter, shimmering and welcoming in July. Here's a look at some of the best homes along Rhode Island and the Long Island Sound. For more info on these properties, please contact the realtor listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- How to make classic pulled pork
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- How The Killing survived two cancellations and ended on its own terms
Subscribe to the Week