or most North-easterners, the shoreline is merely a summer destination crammed with bathers trying to grab a bit of beach. But for lucky waterfront homeowners, the Atlantic Ocean is an all-season backdrop: Mysterious and moody in the winter, shimmering and welcoming in July. Here's a look at some of the best homes along Rhode Island and the Long Island Sound. For more info on these properties, please contact the realtor listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why is American internet so slow?
Subscribe to the Week