or most North-easterners, the shoreline is merely a summer destination crammed with bathers trying to grab a bit of beach. But for lucky waterfront homeowners, the Atlantic Ocean is an all-season backdrop: Mysterious and moody in the winter, shimmering and welcoming in July. Here's a look at some of the best homes along Rhode Island and the Long Island Sound. For more info on these properties, please contact the realtor listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
Subscribe to the Week