For most North-easterners, the shoreline is merely a summer destination crammed with bathers trying to grab a bit of beach. But for lucky waterfront homeowners, the Atlantic Ocean is an all-season backdrop: Mysterious and moody in the winter, shimmering and welcoming in July. Here's a look at some of the best homes along Rhode Island and the Long Island Sound. For more info on these properties, please contact the realtor listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- How to be optimistic, according to science
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
Subscribe to the Week