From Michelle Williams as Marilyn Monroe to Meryl Streep as Margaret Thatcher, Hollywood's leading ladies have been jumping at the chance to play recent historical figures. The latest big casting notice: Grace Kelly. A film about the Hitchcock blonde turned Princess of Monaco is in the works. Grace of Monaco will focus on her life during the politically charged period of 1962, and commentators are already drawing comparison to The King's Speech and buzzing about who might play her. Some ideas...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week