It's getting cold out there. This weekend's weather could freeze many Occupy Wall Street protesters out of their Zuccotti Park tent encampment, and many believe the movement won't survive a frigid winter. Police are cracking down, too — especially in Oakland — and there's dissension in the Occupy ranks. In New York, volunteer cooks are reportedly miffed that the homeless are treating OWS like a soup kitchen. Can this movement last?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
Subscribe to the Week