It's getting cold out there. This weekend's weather could freeze many Occupy Wall Street protesters out of their Zuccotti Park tent encampment, and many believe the movement won't survive a frigid winter. Police are cracking down, too — especially in Oakland — and there's dissension in the Occupy ranks. In New York, volunteer cooks are reportedly miffed that the homeless are treating OWS like a soup kitchen. Can this movement last?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why baseball is America's most dangerous spectator sport
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week