It's getting cold out there. This weekend's weather could freeze many Occupy Wall Street protesters out of their Zuccotti Park tent encampment, and many believe the movement won't survive a frigid winter. Police are cracking down, too — especially in Oakland — and there's dissension in the Occupy ranks. In New York, volunteer cooks are reportedly miffed that the homeless are treating OWS like a soup kitchen. Can this movement last?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- The rise of the global middle class is our best hope to stop climate change
- What I learned from totally unplugging and shutting up for three days
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- Immigration, charity, and conservatives' unholy assault on Glenn Beck
Subscribe to the Week