It's getting cold out there. This weekend's weather could freeze many Occupy Wall Street protesters out of their Zuccotti Park tent encampment, and many believe the movement won't survive a frigid winter. Police are cracking down, too — especially in Oakland — and there's dissension in the Occupy ranks. In New York, volunteer cooks are reportedly miffed that the homeless are treating OWS like a soup kitchen. Can this movement last?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
Subscribe to the Week