After Politico dropped a "devastating" scandal in Herman Cain's lap by reporting on circa-90s allegations of sexual harassment against him, many believed the GOP presidential frontrunner was toast. His "awful," muddled damage control strengthened that prediction. But a funny thing happened. Not only has Cain survived, this scandal might actually be helping him. How did he pull that off?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 10 things you need to know today: November 26, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
Subscribe to the Week