fter Politico dropped a "devastating" scandal in Herman Cain's lap by reporting on circa-90s allegations of sexual harassment against him, many believed the GOP presidential frontrunner was toast. His "awful," muddled damage control strengthened that prediction. But a funny thing happened. Not only has Cain survived, this scandal might actually be helping him. How did he pull that off?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 4 easy ways to resolve life's toughest questions
- Repealing ObamaCare would now mean kicking 4.2 million people off their new insurance plans
Subscribe to the Week