After Politico dropped a "devastating" scandal in Herman Cain's lap by reporting on circa-90s allegations of sexual harassment against him, many believed the GOP presidential frontrunner was toast. His "awful," muddled damage control strengthened that prediction. But a funny thing happened. Not only has Cain survived, this scandal might actually be helping him. How did he pull that off?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to make corn dogs
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- For the GOP, gay marriage could be the most important issue in 2016
Subscribe to the Week