fter Politico dropped a "devastating" scandal in Herman Cain's lap by reporting on circa-90s allegations of sexual harassment against him, many believed the GOP presidential frontrunner was toast. His "awful," muddled damage control strengthened that prediction. But a funny thing happened. Not only has Cain survived, this scandal might actually be helping him. How did he pull that off?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Democrats have a mega-donor problem
Subscribe to the Week