After Politico dropped a "devastating" scandal in Herman Cain's lap by reporting on circa-90s allegations of sexual harassment against him, many believed the GOP presidential frontrunner was toast. His "awful," muddled damage control strengthened that prediction. But a funny thing happened. Not only has Cain survived, this scandal might actually be helping him. How did he pull that off?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- How Ferguson made conservatives lose faith in the police
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
- How the West produces jihadi tourists
- Girls on Film: 5 things that need to happen before Hollywood will ever truly change
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week