For some fishing fanatics, the trek out to that favorite spot is part of the appeal, but these homeowners simply need to step out their back door to find angling opportunities — from the Pecos River in New Mexico (pictured) to a mountain-side creek in Wyoming. Click through for a selection of fishing-friendly properties.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- A trick for better lunch sandwiches
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- The government is getting into the fact-checking business. Be very, very afraid.
- How Democrats might goad the GOP into shutting down the government
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- Russia's new air force is a mystery
Subscribe to the Week