For some fishing fanatics, the trek out to that favorite spot is part of the appeal, but these homeowners simply need to step out their back door to find angling opportunities — from the Pecos River in New Mexico (pictured) to a mountain-side creek in Wyoming. Click through for a selection of fishing-friendly properties.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The 7 best Halloween-themed editorial cartoons
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week