For some fishing fanatics, the trek out to that favorite spot is part of the appeal, but these homeowners simply need to step out their back door to find angling opportunities — from the Pecos River in New Mexico (pictured) to a mountain-side creek in Wyoming. Click through for a selection of fishing-friendly properties.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How to make classic pulled pork
- How The Killing survived two cancellations and ended on its own terms
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
Subscribe to the Week