A sedated, endangered rhino hangs upside down from a helicopter in South Africa. To ease the threat of extinction, the World Wildlife Federation moved 19 black rhinos, highly prized by poachers because of their horns, to safer locations this week. Click through for a look at more of the week's most remarkable images from around the world...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- How to make corn dogs
Subscribe to the Week