A sedated, endangered rhino hangs upside down from a helicopter in South Africa. To ease the threat of extinction, the World Wildlife Federation moved 19 black rhinos, highly prized by poachers because of their horns, to safer locations this week. Click through for a look at more of the week's most remarkable images from around the world...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: November 24, 2014
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
Subscribe to the Week