n Saturday, at the Young Republican National Federation, GOP presidential frontrunner Herman Cain announced that God had told him to get into the race. "I prayed and prayed and prayed. I'm a man of faith," Cain said. "And when I finally realized that it was God saying that this is what I needed to do, I was like Moses. 'You've got the wrong man, Lord. Are you sure?'" But the former Godfather's Pizza CEO is not the first candidate to hear the call. Here are nine others:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- 18 books to read in 2014
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week