Tired of plain old single-use homes? Well, these five houses double up, boasting both residential and commercial space, like this expansive Pennsylvania bookstore and live-in barn. Whether it's retail space or a workshop, these homes from California to Maine offer the multitasking homeowner plenty of activity, keeping that line between work and home life blurred, if that's your thing.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Why 2014 may be as good as it gets for the Republican Party
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Why America needs more billionaires
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
Subscribe to the Week