Tired of plain old single-use homes? Well, these five houses double up, boasting both residential and commercial space, like this expansive Pennsylvania bookstore and live-in barn. Whether it's retail space or a workshop, these homes from California to Maine offer the multitasking homeowner plenty of activity, keeping that line between work and home life blurred, if that's your thing.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Pope Francis' American problem
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
Subscribe to the Week