Tired of plain old single-use homes? Well, these five houses double up, boasting both residential and commercial space, like this expansive Pennsylvania bookstore and live-in barn. Whether it's retail space or a workshop, these homes from California to Maine offer the multitasking homeowner plenty of activity, keeping that line between work and home life blurred, if that's your thing.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- How China sparked an Asian frenzy for killer submarines
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- Lauren Bacall's remarkably honest account of Humphrey Bogart's death
Subscribe to the Week