Twilight fans are nothing if not passionate. The devoted readers of Stephenie Meyer's novels about a tumultuous vampire-human romance have helped the film adaptations gross more than $1.8 billion worldwide. The most zealous among them manifest their obsession in unusual ways, from tattooing their entire backs to decking out their bedrooms with Twi-centric themes. With the latest sequel, Breaking Dawn Part 1, hitting theaters Friday, here's a glimpse into their world.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- How China sparked an Asian frenzy for killer submarines
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
Subscribe to the Week