Twilight fans are nothing if not passionate. The devoted readers of Stephenie Meyer's novels about a tumultuous vampire-human romance have helped the film adaptations gross more than $1.8 billion worldwide. The most zealous among them manifest their obsession in unusual ways, from tattooing their entire backs to decking out their bedrooms with Twi-centric themes. With the latest sequel, Breaking Dawn Part 1, hitting theaters Friday, here's a glimpse into their world.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week