Twilight fans are nothing if not passionate. The devoted readers of Stephenie Meyer's novels about a tumultuous vampire-human romance have helped the film adaptations gross more than $1.8 billion worldwide. The most zealous among them manifest their obsession in unusual ways, from tattooing their entire backs to decking out their bedrooms with Twi-centric themes. With the latest sequel, Breaking Dawn Part 1, hitting theaters Friday, here's a glimpse into their world.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
Subscribe to the Week