Whether you're a skier or have no experience on the slopes, these seven homes from Washington to North Carolina (pictured) offer that ski-lodge experience without the need to move a muscle. Recalling classic Swiss Alps chalets, they feature low-pitched roofs with wide eaves, small shuttered windows, and elaborately carved beams and balconies. For more information on any of these properties, contact the real estate agencies listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 20, 2014
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
- Rise of the machines
- Ban PowerPoint!
Subscribe to the Week