Whether you're a skier or have no experience on the slopes, these seven homes from Washington to North Carolina (pictured) offer that ski-lodge experience without the need to move a muscle. Recalling classic Swiss Alps chalets, they feature low-pitched roofs with wide eaves, small shuttered windows, and elaborately carved beams and balconies. For more information on any of these properties, contact the real estate agencies listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How I lost all my money
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Ismail Kadare's 6 favorite books
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- 5 crazy inventions from the mind of Nikola Tesla
Subscribe to the Week