Whether you're a skier or have no experience on the slopes, these seven homes from Washington to North Carolina (pictured) offer that ski-lodge experience without the need to move a muscle. Recalling classic Swiss Alps chalets, they feature low-pitched roofs with wide eaves, small shuttered windows, and elaborately carved beams and balconies. For more information on any of these properties, contact the real estate agencies listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- How the West produces jihadi tourists
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Ferguson made conservatives lose faith in the police
- Girls on Film: 5 things that need to happen before Hollywood will ever truly change
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
Subscribe to the Week