hether you're a skier or have no experience on the slopes, these seven homes from Washington to North Carolina (pictured) offer that ski-lodge experience without the need to move a muscle. Recalling classic Swiss Alps chalets, they feature low-pitched roofs with wide eaves, small shuttered windows, and elaborately carved beams and balconies. For more information on any of these properties, contact the real estate agencies listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 16, 2014
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Can these 4 couples really afford their dream houses?
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- The contentious policy at the heart of Cliven Bundy's armed standoff with the government
Subscribe to the Week