Whether you're a skier or have no experience on the slopes, these seven homes from Washington to North Carolina (pictured) offer that ski-lodge experience without the need to move a muscle. Recalling classic Swiss Alps chalets, they feature low-pitched roofs with wide eaves, small shuttered windows, and elaborately carved beams and balconies. For more information on any of these properties, contact the real estate agencies listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- The Tea Party has its own immigration problem: Cuba
- Adrian Peterson and our misguided debate about spanking
Subscribe to the Week