Each year, the country's biggest retailers woo armies of holiday shoppers the day after Thanksgiving by offering massive price cuts on popular items. This year, more than 152 million Americans are expected to brave the crowds to nab the best Black Friday deals — in some cases, starting, controversially, at midnight. Here, a look at some of the biggest bargains shoppers should look for:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- California's epic drought
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week