Each year, the country's biggest retailers woo armies of holiday shoppers the day after Thanksgiving by offering massive price cuts on popular items. This year, more than 152 million Americans are expected to brave the crowds to nab the best Black Friday deals — in some cases, starting, controversially, at midnight. Here, a look at some of the biggest bargains shoppers should look for:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- How I lost all my money
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
Subscribe to the Week