Each year, the country's biggest retailers woo armies of holiday shoppers the day after Thanksgiving by offering massive price cuts on popular items. This year, more than 152 million Americans are expected to brave the crowds to nab the best Black Friday deals — in some cases, starting, controversially, at midnight. Here, a look at some of the biggest bargains shoppers should look for:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Why America needs more billionaires
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
Subscribe to the Week