Each year, the country's biggest retailers woo armies of holiday shoppers the day after Thanksgiving by offering massive price cuts on popular items. This year, more than 152 million Americans are expected to brave the crowds to nab the best Black Friday deals — in some cases, starting, controversially, at midnight. Here, a look at some of the biggest bargains shoppers should look for:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week