ach year, the country's biggest retailers woo armies of holiday shoppers the day after Thanksgiving by offering massive price cuts on popular items. This year, more than 152 million Americans are expected to brave the crowds to nab the best Black Friday deals — in some cases, starting, controversially, at midnight. Here, a look at some of the biggest bargains shoppers should look for:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Attack of the invasive species
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Captain America won over China
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week