n endangered gorilla was born at Chicago's Lincoln Park Zoo on Nov. 16 — the first time in six years that a Western lowland gorilla was born in America's Second City. After a week of rest and attention from staff, the newborn and her 16-year-old mother, Bana, had their public debut Tuesday. Here, a look back at other members of endangered species recently born in zoos around the world.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- The case for killing law school
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
- Aereo at the Supreme Court: No matter what, broadcasters lose
- Putin's risky bet in eastern Ukraine
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The Democrats have a mega-donor problem
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 10 things you need to know today: April 21, 2014
Subscribe to the Week