n endangered gorilla was born at Chicago's Lincoln Park Zoo on Nov. 16 — the first time in six years that a Western lowland gorilla was born in America's Second City. After a week of rest and attention from staff, the newborn and her 16-year-old mother, Bana, had their public debut Tuesday. Here, a look back at other members of endangered species recently born in zoos around the world.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
Subscribe to the Week