An endangered gorilla was born at Chicago's Lincoln Park Zoo on Nov. 16 — the first time in six years that a Western lowland gorilla was born in America's Second City. After a week of rest and attention from staff, the newborn and her 16-year-old mother, Bana, had their public debut Tuesday. Here, a look back at other members of endangered species recently born in zoos around the world.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week