Turkey, late-night bargain shopping, and… a movie. A trip to the local cineplex is one of the enduring traditions of the five-day Thanksgiving holiday weekend, and this year saw a glut of family-friendly films (including The Muppets) take on the latest Twilight sequel and a slew of Oscar contenders at the box office. Here's a look at the weekend's winners and losers:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Hey, Paul Ryan's new poverty plan isn't completely terrible!
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- 7 language habits that reveal your age
Subscribe to the Week