urkey, late-night bargain shopping, and… a movie. A trip to the local cineplex is one of the enduring traditions of the five-day Thanksgiving holiday weekend, and this year saw a glut of family-friendly films (including The Muppets) take on the latest Twilight sequel and a slew of Oscar contenders at the box office. Here's a look at the weekend's winners and losers:
- The Black Death is back
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 10 things you need to know today: December 12, 2013
- Watch The Daily Show try to cheer the end of congressional gridlock
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Did Paul Ryan just throw in the towel on 2016?
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
Subscribe to the Week