urkey, late-night bargain shopping, and… a movie. A trip to the local cineplex is one of the enduring traditions of the five-day Thanksgiving holiday weekend, and this year saw a glut of family-friendly films (including The Muppets) take on the latest Twilight sequel and a slew of Oscar contenders at the box office. Here's a look at the weekend's winners and losers:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- The case for killing law school
- Aereo at the Supreme Court: No matter what, broadcasters lose
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The Democrats have a mega-donor problem
- 10 things you need to know today: April 21, 2014
- Putin's risky bet in eastern Ukraine
Subscribe to the Week