Turkey, late-night bargain shopping, and… a movie. A trip to the local cineplex is one of the enduring traditions of the five-day Thanksgiving holiday weekend, and this year saw a glut of family-friendly films (including The Muppets) take on the latest Twilight sequel and a slew of Oscar contenders at the box office. Here's a look at the weekend's winners and losers:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- How to make classic pulled pork
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
- How The Killing survived two cancellations and ended on its own terms
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week