urkey, late-night bargain shopping, and… a movie. A trip to the local cineplex is one of the enduring traditions of the five-day Thanksgiving holiday weekend, and this year saw a glut of family-friendly films (including The Muppets) take on the latest Twilight sequel and a slew of Oscar contenders at the box office. Here's a look at the weekend's winners and losers:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
- Russia's Ukraine invasion is a moral crisis
Subscribe to the Week