It's no secret that TV fans are often envious of their favorite characters' lives. Lately, clever marketers have gotten wise to that notion, promoting products and places inspired by hit TV shows. From sipping coffee in a shop modeled after Friends' Central Perk to printing on paper branded with The Office's Dunder Mifflin logo, here are nine of the most clever ideas:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
Subscribe to the Week