It's no secret that TV fans are often envious of their favorite characters' lives. Lately, clever marketers have gotten wise to that notion, promoting products and places inspired by hit TV shows. From sipping coffee in a shop modeled after Friends' Central Perk to printing on paper branded with The Office's Dunder Mifflin logo, here are nine of the most clever ideas:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week