It's no secret that TV fans are often envious of their favorite characters' lives. Lately, clever marketers have gotten wise to that notion, promoting products and places inspired by hit TV shows. From sipping coffee in a shop modeled after Friends' Central Perk to printing on paper branded with The Office's Dunder Mifflin logo, here are nine of the most clever ideas:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week