Natalie Portman certainly looks gorgeous, says Ashley Cardiff at The Gloss. But "unless [she] is a beautiful space alien that comes from a planet without pores," we can blame airbrushing for getting this Dior ad banned by the U.K.'s Advertising Standards Authority. In addition to its heavy hand with the blur tool, Dior was also criticized for its blatant use of false eyelashes. Click through for more airbrushing controversies.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- The forgotten victims of the war in Ukraine
Subscribe to the Week