Natalie Portman certainly looks gorgeous, says Ashley Cardiff at The Gloss. But "unless [she] is a beautiful space alien that comes from a planet without pores," we can blame airbrushing for getting this Dior ad banned by the U.K.'s Advertising Standards Authority. In addition to its heavy hand with the blur tool, Dior was also criticized for its blatant use of false eyelashes. Click through for more airbrushing controversies.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
Subscribe to the Week