Natalie Portman certainly looks gorgeous, says Ashley Cardiff at The Gloss. But "unless [she] is a beautiful space alien that comes from a planet without pores," we can blame airbrushing for getting this Dior ad banned by the U.K.'s Advertising Standards Authority. In addition to its heavy hand with the blur tool, Dior was also criticized for its blatant use of false eyelashes. Click through for more airbrushing controversies.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week