Natalie Portman certainly looks gorgeous, says Ashley Cardiff at The Gloss. But "unless [she] is a beautiful space alien that comes from a planet without pores," we can blame airbrushing for getting this Dior ad banned by the U.K.'s Advertising Standards Authority. In addition to its heavy hand with the blur tool, Dior was also criticized for its blatant use of false eyelashes. Click through for more airbrushing controversies.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- How China sparked an Asian frenzy for killer submarines
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week