Natalie Portman certainly looks gorgeous, says Ashley Cardiff at The Gloss. But "unless [she] is a beautiful space alien that comes from a planet without pores," we can blame airbrushing for getting this Dior ad banned by the U.K.'s Advertising Standards Authority. In addition to its heavy hand with the blur tool, Dior was also criticized for its blatant use of false eyelashes. Click through for more airbrushing controversies.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Surviving a plane crash
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi: The man who would be caliph
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Everything you need to master Chinese cooking
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- Ted Cruz and the most cynical, despicable political stunt of the year
Subscribe to the Week