The 2012 Grammy nominations were announced Wednesday night, and, as predicted, British chanteuse Adele capped off her year of total music domination with six nominations, including nods in the awards' biggest categories. But not every result was expected: Indie folk group Bon Iver also collected a slew of nominations. Here's a look at the year's biggest snubs and surprises:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Rise of the machines
- Ban PowerPoint!
Subscribe to the Week