The 2012 Grammy nominations were announced Wednesday night, and, as predicted, British chanteuse Adele capped off her year of total music domination with six nominations, including nods in the awards' biggest categories. But not every result was expected: Indie folk group Bon Iver also collected a slew of nominations. Here's a look at the year's biggest snubs and surprises:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
Subscribe to the Week