The 2012 Grammy nominations were announced Wednesday night, and, as predicted, British chanteuse Adele capped off her year of total music domination with six nominations, including nods in the awards' biggest categories. But not every result was expected: Indie folk group Bon Iver also collected a slew of nominations. Here's a look at the year's biggest snubs and surprises:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How science can help you survive scary movies
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
Subscribe to the Week