The 2012 Grammy nominations were announced Wednesday night, and, as predicted, British chanteuse Adele capped off her year of total music domination with six nominations, including nods in the awards' biggest categories. But not every result was expected: Indie folk group Bon Iver also collected a slew of nominations. Here's a look at the year's biggest snubs and surprises:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Four annoying sounds you need to stop making
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- 10 things you need to know today: August 23, 2014
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- Half-baked genetic research is fueling the latest round of mom bashing
Subscribe to the Week