ith statements like "I'm going to be the nominee," Newt Gingrich is clearly feeling confident. This week, after catapulting from also-ran status to the top of the GOP presidential polls, Newt bagged a key endorsement from New Hampshire's influential Union Leader newspaper, and already, GOP rivals Mitt Romney and Ron Paul are starting to pile on the former House speaker. Should Dems take Newt seriously, too?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The Daily Show's Aasif Mandvi dismantles another ObamaCare myth
- No, Ukraine is not being run by fascists
Subscribe to the Week