With statements like "I'm going to be the nominee," Newt Gingrich is clearly feeling confident. This week, after catapulting from also-ran status to the top of the GOP presidential polls, Newt bagged a key endorsement from New Hampshire's influential Union Leader newspaper, and already, GOP rivals Mitt Romney and Ron Paul are starting to pile on the former House speaker. Should Dems take Newt seriously, too?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 8 ways you're probably overspending without even realizing it
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
- Why the West should accept ISIS as a sovereign nation
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week