ith statements like "I'm going to be the nominee," Newt Gingrich is clearly feeling confident. This week, after catapulting from also-ran status to the top of the GOP presidential polls, Newt bagged a key endorsement from New Hampshire's influential Union Leader newspaper, and already, GOP rivals Mitt Romney and Ron Paul are starting to pile on the former House speaker. Should Dems take Newt seriously, too?
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- The last racial taboo
- Was the sign-language interpreter at the Mandela memorial faking it?
- Why the Volcker Rule won't solve the problem of Too Big To Fail
Subscribe to the Week