With statements like "I'm going to be the nominee," Newt Gingrich is clearly feeling confident. This week, after catapulting from also-ran status to the top of the GOP presidential polls, Newt bagged a key endorsement from New Hampshire's influential Union Leader newspaper, and already, GOP rivals Mitt Romney and Ron Paul are starting to pile on the former House speaker. Should Dems take Newt seriously, too?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- The case for voting (even if America is a corrupt plutocracy rigged by the rich)
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week