With statements like "I'm going to be the nominee," Newt Gingrich is clearly feeling confident. This week, after catapulting from also-ran status to the top of the GOP presidential polls, Newt bagged a key endorsement from New Hampshire's influential Union Leader newspaper, and already, GOP rivals Mitt Romney and Ron Paul are starting to pile on the former House speaker. Should Dems take Newt seriously, too?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- America's most surprising banned books
Subscribe to the Week