rotest movements have long been accompanied by song — take the gospel music of the Civil Rights uprisings or the folk ballads of the Vietnam era. As Occupy Wall Street heads into winter, critics have begun to wonder: Where's the Occupy anthem? Here, a look at the contemporary musicians and the legendary folk stars who are stepping up to the plate with original songs inspired by the movement's message.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Attack of the invasive species
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- How Captain America won over China
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- When will the Big One strike California?
Subscribe to the Week