Protest movements have long been accompanied by song — take the gospel music of the Civil Rights uprisings or the folk ballads of the Vietnam era. As Occupy Wall Street heads into winter, critics have begun to wonder: Where's the Occupy anthem? Here, a look at the contemporary musicians and the legendary folk stars who are stepping up to the plate with original songs inspired by the movement's message.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 10 things you need to know today: September 22, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Can the U.S. Army degrade and destroy Ebola?
Subscribe to the Week