Jeremy Irvine, 21, is poised to join the ranks of Hollywood's most in-demand young actors, thanks to his lead role in Steven Spielberg's War Horse. The epic film, which premiered last weekend and hits theaters on Christmas, centers around the World War I-era friendship between an English farm boy and his horse. Spielberg has an unparalleled track record as a star-maker. Here, 7 other A-listers who owe him their careers.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
Subscribe to the Week