Jeremy Irvine, 21, is poised to join the ranks of Hollywood's most in-demand young actors, thanks to his lead role in Steven Spielberg's War Horse. The epic film, which premiered last weekend and hits theaters on Christmas, centers around the World War I-era friendship between an English farm boy and his horse. Spielberg has an unparalleled track record as a star-maker. Here, 7 other A-listers who owe him their careers.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
Subscribe to the Week