Jeremy Irvine, 21, is poised to join the ranks of Hollywood's most in-demand young actors, thanks to his lead role in Steven Spielberg's War Horse. The epic film, which premiered last weekend and hits theaters on Christmas, centers around the World War I-era friendship between an English farm boy and his horse. Spielberg has an unparalleled track record as a star-maker. Here, 7 other A-listers who owe him their careers.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why I give money to homeless people
- How Ferguson made conservatives lose faith in the police
- How the West produces jihadi tourists
- Girls on Film: 5 things that need to happen before Hollywood will ever truly change
Subscribe to the Week