Jeremy Irvine, 21, is poised to join the ranks of Hollywood's most in-demand young actors, thanks to his lead role in Steven Spielberg's War Horse. The epic film, which premiered last weekend and hits theaters on Christmas, centers around the World War I-era friendship between an English farm boy and his horse. Spielberg has an unparalleled track record as a star-maker. Here, 7 other A-listers who owe him their careers.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to survive a spaceship disaster
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week