Jeremy Irvine, 21, is poised to join the ranks of Hollywood's most in-demand young actors, thanks to his lead role in Steven Spielberg's War Horse. The epic film, which premiered last weekend and hits theaters on Christmas, centers around the World War I-era friendship between an English farm boy and his horse. Spielberg has an unparalleled track record as a star-maker. Here, 7 other A-listers who owe him their careers.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- How I lost all my money
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
Subscribe to the Week