With Newt surging, the normally "mild-mannered" Mitt Romney is getting more aggressive in the final weeks before the Jan. 3 Iowa caucuses. First, Romney released an ad touting his four-decade marriage, an "implicit dig" at the thrice-married Gingrich. Then Romney surrogates ripped Newt as a "self-serving, anti-conservative" opportunist. Who's the GOP field's "alpha dog"? Tune in to Saturday's debate to find out.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why America should team up with Bashar al-Assad's regime
- Stop hating on cyclists
Subscribe to the Week