With Newt surging, the normally "mild-mannered" Mitt Romney is getting more aggressive in the final weeks before the Jan. 3 Iowa caucuses. First, Romney released an ad touting his four-decade marriage, an "implicit dig" at the thrice-married Gingrich. Then Romney surrogates ripped Newt as a "self-serving, anti-conservative" opportunist. Who's the GOP field's "alpha dog"? Tune in to Saturday's debate to find out.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Hey, scolds: Stop telling us to enjoy a healthy Thanksgiving
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
Subscribe to the Week