With Newt surging, the normally "mild-mannered" Mitt Romney is getting more aggressive in the final weeks before the Jan. 3 Iowa caucuses. First, Romney released an ad touting his four-decade marriage, an "implicit dig" at the thrice-married Gingrich. Then Romney surrogates ripped Newt as a "self-serving, anti-conservative" opportunist. Who's the GOP field's "alpha dog"? Tune in to Saturday's debate to find out.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
Subscribe to the Week