With Newt surging, the normally "mild-mannered" Mitt Romney is getting more aggressive in the final weeks before the Jan. 3 Iowa caucuses. First, Romney released an ad touting his four-decade marriage, an "implicit dig" at the thrice-married Gingrich. Then Romney surrogates ripped Newt as a "self-serving, anti-conservative" opportunist. Who's the GOP field's "alpha dog"? Tune in to Saturday's debate to find out.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- 6 things the most productive people do every day
Subscribe to the Week