With Newt surging, the normally "mild-mannered" Mitt Romney is getting more aggressive in the final weeks before the Jan. 3 Iowa caucuses. First, Romney released an ad touting his four-decade marriage, an "implicit dig" at the thrice-married Gingrich. Then Romney surrogates ripped Newt as a "self-serving, anti-conservative" opportunist. Who's the GOP field's "alpha dog"? Tune in to Saturday's debate to find out.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
When Americans banned Christmas
- The rape culture that everyone ignores
- The liberation of Barack Obama
Subscribe to the Week