orget the dusty old box of Christmas lights in the attic. For some homeowners, holiday decorating is a competitive art form. This year, U.S. consumers are expected to spend a whopping $6.9 billion on decorations. Here, a look back at the biggest and brightest displays over the last several years, from this Christmas spectacular in Germany to a giant Santa Claus in Brooklyn, N.Y. Drum roll, please...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Russia's Ukraine invasion is a moral crisis
- 4 life hacks from ancient philosophers that will make you happier
- The Daily Show explains Hamid Karzai's 'Afghan Hustle'
- The end of academic freedom?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Mitt Romney, 2016 frontrunner*
Subscribe to the Week