orget the dusty old box of Christmas lights in the attic. For some homeowners, holiday decorating is a competitive art form. This year, U.S. consumers are expected to spend a whopping $6.9 billion on decorations. Here, a look back at the biggest and brightest displays over the last several years, from this Christmas spectacular in Germany to a giant Santa Claus in Brooklyn, N.Y. Drum roll, please...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
Subscribe to the Week