orget the dusty old box of Christmas lights in the attic. For some homeowners, holiday decorating is a competitive art form. This year, U.S. consumers are expected to spend a whopping $6.9 billion on decorations. Here, a look back at the biggest and brightest displays over the last several years, from this Christmas spectacular in Germany to a giant Santa Claus in Brooklyn, N.Y. Drum roll, please...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- 10 things you need to know today: April 20, 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Attack of the invasive species
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week