Forget the dusty old box of Christmas lights in the attic. For some homeowners, holiday decorating is a competitive art form. This year, U.S. consumers are expected to spend a whopping $6.9 billion on decorations. Here, a look back at the biggest and brightest displays over the last several years, from this Christmas spectacular in Germany to a giant Santa Claus in Brooklyn, N.Y. Drum roll, please...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- How a drafting error could doom Obama's carbon regulations
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How to save Meet the Press
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
Subscribe to the Week