Forget the dusty old box of Christmas lights in the attic. For some homeowners, holiday decorating is a competitive art form. This year, U.S. consumers are expected to spend a whopping $6.9 billion on decorations. Here, a look back at the biggest and brightest displays over the last several years, from this Christmas spectacular in Germany to a giant Santa Claus in Brooklyn, N.Y. Drum roll, please...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- America is building a Sunni army in Iraq to take on the Islamic State
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
- Terrorists are threatening to attack movie theaters showing The Interview. You should go see it anyway.
Subscribe to the Week