orget the dusty old box of Christmas lights in the attic. For some homeowners, holiday decorating is a competitive art form. This year, U.S. consumers are expected to spend a whopping $6.9 billion on decorations. Here, a look back at the biggest and brightest displays over the last several years, from this Christmas spectacular in Germany to a giant Santa Claus in Brooklyn, N.Y. Drum roll, please...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Why is the 'mor' in 'Voldemort' so evil-sounding?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 10 things you need to know today: March 12, 2014
- How rain helped the Mongols conquer Asia
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- True Detective's dangerous lies about satanic ritual abuse
- 2 proven ways to increase your willpower — courtesy of the Cookie Monster
Subscribe to the Week