Forget the dusty old box of Christmas lights in the attic. For some homeowners, holiday decorating is a competitive art form. This year, U.S. consumers are expected to spend a whopping $6.9 billion on decorations. Here, a look back at the biggest and brightest displays over the last several years, from this Christmas spectacular in Germany to a giant Santa Claus in Brooklyn, N.Y. Drum roll, please...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- 10 things you need to know today: July 26, 2014
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- The week's best photojournalism
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- How to cook a perfect rib eye steak
Subscribe to the Week